I am nervous.
This weekend PhillyBoy and I are heading down to DisneyWorld to run in the half marathon!!!! It will be our second (real) half marathon! We are super excited and are running on behalf of the Rally Foundation. I don’t feel completely ready as the wind & cold have left me with a few treadmill workouts and more skipped runs than I care to admit. I know it will be fun though!
PB has never been to DisneyWorld as an adult! There is so much to show him!
Thanks to Twitter I am armed with different details we ought to know for the weekend… and we are stoked. Ashley, of Healthy Ashley, organized a lunch meetup for Saturday. See her post for details if you want to join in the fun!
Anyway, that is one of the reasons our Armenian Christmas dinner party prep (party is tomorrow- Wednesday) is even more well organized than other parties we have hosted in the past. We got home from Rhode Island late Sunday (due to car trouble), and are leaving for Disney Friday. PB had a lot of work to do so we had to be super organized to get everything done. It is currently 11:23 PM and this is what I have done this afternoon:
– Set the table and selected serving trays
– Rolled the vegetarian grape leaves (siyami)
– Prepped the spinach gratin (an Ina Garten recipe- post to come soon)
– Set a tray with the coffee cups, dessert napkins, etc. for easy dessert display at the end of the meal
– Moved the Christmas tree to make room for the giant table
PB, my super helpful husband (and secret weapon to successful dinner parties), did the following:
– Cleaned 3 pomegranates
– Chopped 2 onions for the spinach gratin
– Folded all laundry
– Washed all my prep pots!
What a guy!
It helps to do so much ahead of time so that tomorrow before work all I have to do is:
– Make the chocolate mousse
– Make the fresh whipped cream
And after work I will:
– Roast the tenderloin
– Cook the siyami (vegetarian stuffed grape leaves) & bake off the spinach gratin
– Prepare the salad
– And a few other last minute things…
In the meantime… I am going to head to dreamland where I will dream of the Disney Half Marathon! It’s on Saturday!