Well I feel like such a lucky lady!
I love reading posts like this on other blogs so I hope you enjoy this too!! Definitely great if you’re sick of a project at work or (ahem) lying on the couch sick instead of working today (like I am- I still have no voice! What is UP with that???), then this is the post for you!
First, the Kreativ Blogger Award, which asks you to share 7 things that you probably don’t know about me.
1. My mother and her sister married my father and one of his brothers. My aunt and uncle have a 30 year old son and a 26 year old daughter. My mom and dad have a 30 year old son and a 26 year old daughter. And it was a coincidence!!!! Also, my father is one of 11 siblings.
2. I studied abroad in Florence, Italy for 8 months, and always say I left my heart there. Although I grew up in R.I. and now live in Philadelphia, Florence was a home. And yes, I speak Italian fluently! And oddly enough I learned to dance salsa there (yes, in Italy) and went on to teach a few salsa classes!
3. Speaking of Italian, my mom was born and raised in Trieste, Italy and my dad in Jordan, and they only moved to the states after being married a few years! It was a compromise so they would both have family nearby.
4. I want a tiny tattoo of a star on my wrist and have been saying that for the last 8 years. I still haven’t gotten it.
5. Although I identify so much with the above points I guess I must identify most with being a Rhode Islander since I decided to call myself RhodeyGirl. I started sharing recipes when some friends kept bugging me for cooking lessons, and emails/phone calls to share the recipes was taking too long!
6. In 3rd grade I “opened” my own company selling jewelry. I memorized what stone belonged to what month (example: September is the sapphire), set up display cases, and hired the neighbors to work for me. We would go from house to house selling our jewelry. In the summer of 6th grade, I opened the Bonnet Shores Beach Club Babysitting Club. I hired my beach friends to work for me. I was born to be a business owner!
7. We haven’t written a single wedding thank you card yet, although the stack of cards is sitting in our living room ready to be written. Whoops!!! Speaking of our wedding, our proofs are on their way to us!! So exciting!
This award asks you to answer the below questions with one word answers. For someone with Italian blood in her veins (read: I talk a lot!) this is a bit challenging!
1. Where is your cell phone? Lap
2. Your hair? Long
3. Your mother? Angel
4. Your father? Prince
5. Your favorite food? Many
6. Your dream last night? Historical
7. Your favorite drink? Lavender tea
8. Your dream/goal? Babies
9. What room are you in? Living
10. Your hobby? Cooking
11. Your fear? Disappointing others
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Business
13. Where were you last night? Napping
14. Something you aren’t? Classless
15. Muffins? Yes
16. Wish list item? Camera
17. Where did you grow up? Cranston
18. Last thing you did? Tea
19. What are you wearing? Layers
20. Your TV? Flat
21. Your pets? No thanks
22. Your friends? Love
23. Your life? Happy
24. Your mood? Frustrated
25. Missing someone? Mom
26. Vehicle? None
27. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
28. Your favorite store? BCBG
29. Your favorite color? Cerulean
30. When was the last time you laughed? Always
31. Last time you cried? Sunday
32. Your best friend? Crazy
33. One place that I go over and over? Home
34. One person who emails me regularly? PhillyBoy
35. Favorite place to eat? Which country?
Thank you so much to Gena, Amy, and Allison for awarding me this great honor!
Now, who to pass it on to??? I select the following fabulous bloggers!
1. Meghann of Graduate Meghann
2. Chandra of Chandra’s Shenanigans
3. Gina of Fitnessista
4. K of K’s Good Eats
5. Nicole of Another One Bites the Crust
6. Beth T of Pretty by the Bay
7. Heather of Hangry Pants
If you missed my last post about Small Plates in Cambridge, MA, check it out! It is a really great restaurant and I can’t wait to go back!!!
P.S. Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/rhodeygirltests